It’s a borrowed image, but this best represents my day. I’m exhausted and still searching for peace. THIS rule is what’s keeping me from finding it tonight. I’ll be posting a blog about the trial and the verdict but in the meantime, you can find out a little more here on today’s outcome.
Today this building was flooded with our tears. Please help me flood it tomorrow with a wave of peace instead. The mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters will struggle with their task as jurors tomorrow. My heart aches for the decisions they will have to make. Please take a moment and say a prayer for them.
Today was all about this angel who was called home way too soon. After over 5 years, the trial meant to bring justice for Dee is finally underway. It took almost 8 hours to pick a jury and another 90 minutes to hear the State and defense battle over a motion to suppress some of the evidence. It was a really long, hard, and exhausting day and I know tomorrrow is going to be even worse as we begin hearing testimony presented by the State’s witnesses.
Please keep my family in your prayers. We need all you can send our way. Thank you.
After ditching the traffic jam that was I75, this was pretty much my view for the next 7 hours.
It had been one if those days.
What are you grateful for?
Today I am thankful for:
- Every dish came out great
- My Mom’s mad chopping skillz, for her cleaning behind me as I cooked AND for the awesome crochet Turkey decoration.
- Natalie making the Deviled Eggs (almost) all by herself, with Mom guiding and teaching her.
- Gil reading the virtual newspaper out loud to me while I prepared our little Cuban feast.
- Daniel for being so enthusiastic about the Oreo Pie.
- Friends who understand.
- Afternoon naps.
- Michael’s Pre-Black Friday sale and the fact that I got new art supplies for super cheap. (Stay tuned…I’m going to try some Watercolor Pencil artsy stuff)
- Gil and I in complete agreement on the absolute crapiness of the move Bridesmaids.
What about you? What are you grateful for today? Why don’t you upload a picture to Epic Thanks and spread your joy and love with others. Can’t we all use a little extra joy in our lives? I can almost guarantee a smile or two if you take a minute and scroll through the gratitude photo bombs.